Purpose of the Role:
The Assistant Engineer will be responsible for supporting the Operations Director to ensure that work is completed safely, to the required quality, on time to meet programme requirements and to budget. The Assistant Engineer will be expected to promote Company standards to all stakeholders and the general Public.
Career progression is encouraged at IHG with opportunities made available to the right candidate and the ideal candidate will be looking to gain experience in this role to progress their career to Assistant Project Manager / Project Manager.
- Assist with the monitoring and reporting of day to day operational aspects of the project works.
- Producing/collating all prescribed project documentation.
- Uncompromising approach to ensure safety standards and targets are met and maintained.
- Support their build team and the supply chain to deliver works to time, cost and quality targets and standards.
- Assist in circulating standards and methodology to be used on the Project(s).
- Assisting with highest quality standards being met and QC procedures maintained.
- Report on defects so they are identified and actioned in a timely manner.
- Assist in monitoring of programme(s) and work in accordance with published programmes.
- Monitor actual progress and report.
- Attend and take meeting notes with teams, contractors and suppliers.
- Understand the principles of programming and able to produce short term “look ahead” programmes for trades.
- Produce clear, concise reports for H/O including progress, risks, anticipated claims, HSE and quality.
- Attend project progress meetings and provide relevant reports/meeting minutes.
- Produce “draft” replies to all contractual correspondence to H/O whether from subcontractors or suppliers.
Policies and Procedures:
- Adhere to all company and departmental policy and procedure.
- Comply with statutory and company health and safety policies.
- Attend weekly/monthly departmental meetings as required.
- Ensure annual appraisals, job chats and job reviews are completed in line with company policy.
- Attend meetings and training as required.
- Ensure regular and appropriate communication with other departments to maintain a courteous and professional relationship.
- Attend work punctually.
- Maintain the highest standards of personal presentation and hygiene.
- Undertake any other reasonable tasks allocated by the Senior Management.
- Project Reporting
- Awareness/able to use Primavera P6.
- Ability to deliver results on time, high quality and on budget.
- Able to quickly gain technical, behavioural and contextual elements of the project.
- Construction Engineering Management Degree qualified or similar.
- Hold a current CSCS card (or alternative).
- Personal drive for achievement
- Excellent communication skills
- Professional work ethic
- Construction experience
- Able to work as part of a team
- Ability to build strong relationships with people at all levels.
- Effective time management
- Able to prioritise to meet deadlines
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Logical approach to problem solving
- Available to travel as and when required
This job description covers the main objectives, responsibilities and authorities of this position at present. Where necessary, changes may be made from time to time involving like or integrated work.
IHG are proud to be an equal opportunities employer.