Purpose of the Role
Based in either Suwaiq, Salalah or Khasab in Oman and reporting to the Senior Project Manager, this is a project based role and part of an overall site team. The job holder will be responsible for ensuring HSE is to the highest standard, monitoring and checking compliance with the design and program needs of the main contract.
- Day to day implementation of Company Health and Safety Policy.
- Have recognised HSE training and relevant certification.
- Organise areas of works so that operations are carried out to the required standard with minimum risk to operatives, equipment and materials and to ensure all trade foremen and gangers have received, either directly or by the trade contractors Site Manager, precise instructions on their methods of work and responsibilities for correct working methods.
- Co-ordinate the activities of trade contractors.
- Regular monitor and ensure site rules and other requirements are being complied with.
- Ensure that all health, safety and environmental requirements are observed on site.
- See that all registers for plant and equipment are completed on time and that Operator is competent to operate item of plant or equipment.
- Implement arrangements with trade contractors on site to avoid any confusion about areas of responsibility.
- Check that all plant and machinery, power and hand tools including all electrical leads and transformers are maintained in good condition.
- Ensure all hazardous materials are properly marked to enable adequate precautions to be taken.
- Monitor that all new operatives are adequately supervised at all times and comply with site rules and health, safety and environmental requirements.
- Do not permit any operations to take place which have not been planned and for which a risk assessment and method statement has not been undertaken.
- Set a personal example at all times.
- Ensure that all works under your control are compliant with the drawings and specification.
- Check that trade contractors are using current drawings and information.
- Make sure that all Company processes are followed with regards to quality assurance and that all relevant forms are completed.
- Actively encourage quality monitoring amongst trade contractors.
- Promote Zero Defects policy and ensure compliance. Actively check all operations / sections of works for compliance and ensure all elements are recorded and signed off.
- Monitor all non-compliant works and ensure approved remedial action is taken in a timely manner.
- Monitor / update all non-compliant works using NCR’s.
- Monitor programme and ensure progress is maintained in accordance with programme sequence and periods.
- Complete and maintain Daily Diary.
- Monitor and control Company supplied materials.
- Monitor delivery and placing of materials to avoid double handling risks.
- Ensure temporary electric supply is installed and maintained without endangering operatives and equipment.
- Plan and maintain a tidy site.
- Ensure that First Aiders and all items of first-aid equipment as required by legislation are available and their location known to all operatives/employees.
- Be fully conversant with Project Construction Phase Health and Safety Plan and ensure it is complied with.
Policies and Procedures
- Adhere to all company and departmental policy and procedure.
- Comply with statutory and company health and safety policies.
- Attend weekly/monthly departmental meetings as required.
- Ensure annual appraisals, job chats and job reviews are completed in line with company policy.
- Ensure regular and appropriate communication with other departments to maintain a courteous and professional relationship.
- Undertake any other reasonable tasks allocated by the Senior Management.
- Hospital construction experience.
- Knowledge of NHS HBN/HTM codes
- Qualified to relevant Degree/Diploma level.
- Recognised H&S qualification.
- CSCS Card or alternative required.
- Team player.
- Excellent communication skills
- Action and result oriented.
- Ability to build strong relationships with people at all levels.
- Professional work ethic
- Effective time management
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Logical approach to problem solving
- Available to travel as and when required
This job description covers the main objectives, responsibilities and authorities of this position at present. Where necessary, changes may be made from time to time involving like or integrated work.
IHG are proud to be an equal opportunities employer.