Location: Capswood, Denham, UK with regular overseas visits.
The Deputy Construction Director role will include assisting the business with tenders, client liaison, pre-construction activities, enabling works assisting with ensuring taking the schemes forward to completion on our sites to the satisfaction of our clients whilst meeting IHG expectations.
- Ensure a health and safety conscious environment, safety targets and standards are created and maintained throughout the design and construction phases.
- Knowing what safety excellence looks like and communicating safety with passion and credibility in order to inspire, motivate and lead the IHG teams and also other contractors involved with the project.
- Instil a culture which openly embraces safety by actively seeking input from all participants and giving encouragement to find and implement safety improvements.
- Assist with the recruitment and onboard process for key members of project and department teams as required.
- Understand the Contract terms and conditions for each project.
- Assist the Project Teams and manage supply chains to ensure delivery of IHG projects on time, to budget and to quality standards.
- Ensure external consultants are effectively managed to enable delivery of services on time and achieve and meet budget restraints.
- Ensure Company policies and procedures are maintained.
- Ensure Company image is upheld to the highest level.
- Ensure effective records are produced and maintained.
- Effectively report to Head Office project progress, risks, budget movement, anticipated claims and client relationships.
- Involvement in operational excellence and efficiency through:
- use of leadership indicator health check reviews through pre-construction and construction phases.
- ensure rigorous monthly project improvement processes are in place.
- Implementation of thorough commercial management.
- Using the principles of Lean Construction in the execution of the project.
- Develop team individuals by coaching and training to develop a high performing Project Teams.
- Problem solving and making decisions as required.
- Ensuring Project Execution Plans are actioned for each IHG sites.
Policies and Procedures
- Adhere to all company and departmental policy and procedure.
- Comply with statutory and company health and safety policies.
- Attend weekly/monthly departmental meetings as required.
- Ensure annual appraisals, job chats and job reviews are completed in line with company policy.
- Attend meetings and training as required.
- Ensure regular and appropriate communication with other departments to maintain a courteous and professional relationship.
- Attend work punctually.
- Maintain the highest standards of personal presentation and hygiene.
- Undertake any other reasonable tasks allocated by the Senior Management.
- Previous hospital construction experience in a senior management position is essential with ability to lead, manage and successfully deliver a major hospital project which meets all Client expectations.
- Effective communicator, strong planning and organisation skills to deliver operational excellence and efficiency.
- Understanding and knowledge of NHS (UK) hospital guidelines and specifications.
- Financial awareness to deliver and improve upon targets.
- Working knowledge of Primavera P6.
- Commitment to HSE and an appropriate CSCS card (or alternative) is required.
- Expert eye for detail and quality.
- Chartered member of the Institute of Builders or similar.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Team player.
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong drive and resilience.
- Action and result oriented. Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Ability to build strong relationships with people at all levels.
Travel will be involved to countries outside Europe and North America and some environments will be challenging and impact the success of this role. Some travel may be organised at late notice.
This job description covers the main objectives, responsibilities and authorities of this position at present. Where necessary, changes may be made from time to time involving like or integrated work.
IHG are proud to be an equal opportunities employer.