This role is to support the Project Director role and will include pre-construction then taking the scheme forward to completion on site to the satisfaction of the client whilst meeting IHG expectations.
- HSE – ensure a safety conscious environment, safety targets and standards are created and maintained throughout the design and construction phases.
- Knowing what safety excellence looks like and communicating safety with passion and credibility in order to inspire, motivate and lead not only your own Team but also other contractors involved with the project.
- Assist to instil a culture which openly embraces safety by actively seeking input from all participants and giving encouragement to find and implement safety improvements.
- Understand the Contract terms and conditions for the project.
- Lead the Project Team and manage supply chains to ensure delivery of the Project on time, to budget and to quality standards.
- Ensure external consultants are effectively managed to enable delivery of services on time and achieve and meet budget restraints.
- Ensure Company policies and procedures are maintained.
- Ensure Company image is upheld to the highest level.
- Ensure effective records are produced and maintained.
- Assist with reporting to Head Office project progress, risks, budget movement, anticipated claims and Client relationships.
- Lead,deliver and manage operational excellence and efficiency through –
i). use of leadership indicator health check reviews through pre-construction and construction phases.
ii). ensure rigorous monthly project improvement processes are in place.
iii). Implementation of thorough commercial management.
iv). Using the principles of Lean Construction in the execution of the project.
- Ensure labour, plant and materials are efficiently managed throughout.
- Develop team individuals by coaching and training to develop a high performing Project Team.
- Problem solving.
- Produce Project Execution Plan.
Policies and Procedures:
- Adhere to all company and departmental policy and procedure.
- Comply with statutory and company health and safety policies.
- Attend weekly/monthly departmental meetings as required.
- Ensure annual appraisals, job chats and job reviews are completed in line with company policy.
- Attend meetings and training as required.
- Ensure regular and appropriate communication with other departments to maintain a courteous and professional relationship.
- Attend work punctually.
- Maintain the highest standards of personal presentation and hygiene.
- Undertake any other reasonable tasks allocated by the Senior Management.
- Minimum 5 years hospital construction experience in a senior management position is essential with ability to lead, manage and successfully deliver a major hospital project which meets all Client expectations.
- Effective communicator, strong planning and organisation skills to deliver operational excellence and efficiency.
- Understanding and knowledge of NHS (UK) hospital guidelines and specifications.
- Financial awareness to deliver and improve upon targets.
- Working knowledge of Primavera P6.
- Commitment to HS. and an appropriate CSCS card (or alternative) is required.
- Expert eye for detail and quality.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Team player.
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong drive and resilience.
- Action and result oriented. Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Ability to build strong relationships with people at all levels.