Purpose of this UK based Role:
To be the key contact for all people related matters, providing advice and coaching to all staff for the whole employee life cycle from attraction, recruitment, induction, development, engagement, performance management, retention and departure.
- Attend directors’ meetings, corporate social responsibility (CSR) and HR meetings as required reporting on HR and Learning and Development.
- Work in close partnership with senior management to prepare and implement HR strategy.
- Manage and lead on recruitment for the business.
- Co-manage and maintain the recruitment agency preferred suppliers list.
- Keep employee records up to date at all times on the HR system.
- Maintain employee benefits.
- Develop and maintain HR policies and procedures.
- Manage the transition of expats to their new country of work in line with local regulations.
- Keep up to date with employment legislation for the UK and any other relevant country.
- Effectively manage disciplinary and grievance cases as they arise.
- Manage the performance and development review process.
- Produce training plans for staff.
- Monitor and organise probationary period reviews.
- Ensure employees are eligible to work in the relevant country they are recruited for.
- Manage the Learning and Development portal effectively.
- Work with construction / HSE director to organise HSE training.
- Oversee statutory training eg fire warden, first aid etc.
- Monitor expiry dates for project and staff HSE courses.
- Monitor expiry dates for passports and visas for staff and liaise with company’s PRO in Oman regarding obtaining and renewing work visas for expat staff.
- Manage the employee assistance programme.
- Manage monthly payroll amendments.
- Carry out exit interviews and review any trends.
- Undertake any other reasonable tasks allocated by the Senior Management.
- Manage and provide guidance on restructure exercises when required.
- Work with senior management team to organise succession planning for the business.
- Book flights, hotels and hire cars as required, if requested by senior management, UK and overseas.
- Keep up to date electronic employee files at all times.
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development
- Interviewing techniques.
- Coaching for line managers.
- Awareness of various people motivations.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft packages.
- Employee Relations.
- Construction industry and HSE course knowledge.
- Organisation skills.
- Time management skills.
- People development programmes.
- Personal drive for achievement.
- Must have a professional attitude.
- Team player.
- Ability to build effective relationships with people at all levels.
- Able to prioritise to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Logical approach to problem solving.
- Available to travel if required.
This job description covers the main objectives, responsibilities and authorities of this position at present. Where necessary, changes may be made from time to time involving like or integrated work.
IHG are proud to be an equal opportunities employer.