Project based and part of an overall site team you will be responsible for the well- being of personnel and formulation of a practical HSE culture on the project.
- Provide strategic and practical HSE advice to project management and trade contractors.
- Assist in the development, communication and implementation of Company procedures and lead on HSE standards and guidance.
- Have a no tolerance attitude to safety.
- Influence management and contractors on safe methods of working and to make changes to enabler continuous improvement.
- Arrange and co-ordinate HSE training and development.
- Carry out regular site inspections and follow through actions.
- Produce records and reports as required for monitoring and reporting up-line.
- Monitor and comment on RA’s and MS’s.
- Ensure working practices are safe and comply with current regulations.
- Carry out site Inductions.
- Investigate all dangerous occurrences and accidents.
Policies and Procedures
- Adhere to all company and departmental policy and procedure.
- Comply with statutory and company health and safety policies.
- Attend weekly/monthly departmental meetings as required.
- Ensure annual appraisals, job chats and job reviews are completed in line with company policy.
- Attend meetings and training as required.
- Ensure regular and appropriate communication with other departments to maintain a courteous and professional relationship.
- Attend work punctually.
- Maintain the highest standards of personal presentation and hygiene.
- Undertake any other reasonable tasks allocated by the Senior Management.
- Good computing knowledge.
- Good communicator and team player.
- Good understanding of construction and construction methods.
- Discrete and dependable.
- Quick decision maker.
- Must have appropriate qualifications – NEBOSH, IOSH etc.
- Relevant on-site experience in similar role with main contractor.
- Environmental Training.
- Conversant with local laws and regulations appertaining to HSE. and ability to liaise with enforcing authorities.
- Team player.
- Strong drive and resilience.
- Action and result oriented.
- Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Ability to build strong relationships with people at all levels.
This job description covers the main objectives, responsibilities and authorities of this position at present. Where necessary, changes may be made from time to time involving like or integrated work.