Hours of Work:
40 hours per week – flexible working can be considered for this role and weekend cover is required and will be discussed at interview.
The role would entail support, administration & new project-based work and will be focused on supporting and improving the company infrastructure. This position would suit a strong generalist who has previous experience in an Infrastructure Support position.
Your main responsibility is to act as the first point of technical escalation to troubleshoot and resolve the more technical issues raised by IHG’s end users.
- Supporting two UK based offices and three overseas offices (travel will be required)
- Operate to company policies, procedures and standards
- Create & maintain documentation
- 1st/2nd/3rd line support
- Hardware Support (PC’s, Laptops, Servers, Printers, Switches etc.)
- Install & commission PC’s & laptops
- Setup & install PC/Laptops/Servers via Imaging software e.g. Ghost, Acronis
- 3rd line support level of Windows 7/8/10
- Windows Server 2008/2012/2016
- Microsoft Office 2010/2013/2016
- o365 administration inc. OneDrive and Skype for Business
- Exchange 2013 administration
- MDM for Android/iOS setup and support
- DHCP, DNS, TCP/IP addressing/subnet
- wireless LAN troubleshooting
- Configuration and support of voice/video communication systems
- Microsoft Remote Desktop Services (RDS) support
- Working knowledge of VMware including SAN\NAS technology
- Server & PC security patching
- Good working knowledge of MS Active Directory, Group Policy, creating users
- Routable switches & VLAN setup
- Backup software – Veeam and/or Symantec Backup Exec
- McAfee Endpoint Security & McAfee EPO
Desirable knowledge includes WatchGuard firewalls, AlienVault, Apple Mac Support, Azure
Policies and Procedures
- Adhere to all company and departmental policy and procedure.
- Comply with statutory and company health and safety policies.
- Attend weekly/monthly departmental meetings as required.
- Ensure monthly accounting and reporting actioned as required.
- Attend meetings and training as required.
- Ensure regular and appropriate communication with other departments to maintain a courteous and professional relationship.
- Attend work punctually.
- Maintain the highest standards of personal presentation and hygiene.
- Undertake any other reasonable tasks allocated by the Senior Management.
- Good role ambassador and able to maintain very good working relationships with key stakeholders.
- Fluent written and verbal English communication skills.
- Must be appropriately resourceful and a keen trouble-shooter.
- Enthusiastic self-starter
- Team player.
- Must have a professional attitude, good work ethic and efficiently pursue attention to detail
- Strong personal drive and resilience.
- Action and result oriented.
- Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Ability to build strong relationships with people at all levels.
- Integrity at all times.
- Logical approach to problem solving.
- Calm in a crisis
Travel will be involved to countries outside Europe. Some travel may be organised at late notice.
This job description covers the main objectives, responsibilities and authorities of this position at present. Where necessary, changes may be made from time to time involving like or integrated work.
IHG are proud to be an equal opportunities employer.