Purpose of the role:
To coordinate the timely and efficient procurement process of all medical equipment and FF&E, ensuring the required; specification, quantity and on site dates are approved for the successful and timely delivery of the three hospital construction projects in Salalah, Suwaiq and Khasab all located in Oman, strictly in accordance with the contracts between IHG and the IHG’s Client.
In addition, ensuring the logistics of delivery, adequate secure storage, installation, and pre-installation (incl coordination of builders works and secondary supports), co-ordination and satisfactory completion of commissioning are managed on time, effectively and to the expectations of the Client in accordance with the contract.
Specific Duties for each of the three projects in Oman in addition to those specified above:
- Give oversight across the procurement team and consultants to ensure that the correct type, specification and number of medical equipment / other equipment is efficiently procured in accordance with the contract.
- Lead the reconciliation of all ME scheduling, reconciliation of C-Sheets and determination of variations.
- Be accountable for accuracy of specifications and quantities of all equipment.
- Take ownership of and manage approval sign off at each internal hold point (Approval Forms).
- Prepare and manage the required approval process, including obtaining variation orders for any ME and FF&E above – base contract compliance.
- Ensure that all equipment is procured to the IHG coordinated delivery programmes.
- Provide continuity between the procurement team and the projects teams once orders have been placed.
- Responsibility for all transportation logistics from suppliers to the timely delivery/installation on site.
- Manage the interfaces between the design team and subcontractor. Coordinate all Manufacturing and Shop Drawings ready for construction (IFC Drawings). This includes level of finish in a particular area and position / availability of all required services.
- Lead ME commissioning and interface with Building/MEP commissioning.
- Support the Project Directors in the overall ME coordination of the projects.
- Responsibility for all activities required by our client for the ME handover, ME training and where required, maintenance of all ME equipment.
- Pre-inspections as necessary on all equipment prior to shipping.
- Co-ordination / review of shipping paperwork, insurances and such like.
- Review co-ordinate procedure of pre-inspection at point of entry to site.
- Ensuring site readiness – both protocols and storage.
- Review of ME Inspections at site.
- Management / co-ordination of ME install – with IHG site team, subcontractor, specialist equipment suppliers.
- ME testing/commissioning
- ME handover to MOH
- ME equipment training to client clinical teams
- Ensure provision of handover documents incl O&M manuals, as built schedules, asset register etc at Handover
- Work with the Procurement Manager in the undertaking of research, planning and execution of procurement activities and undertake actions as directed by him/her accordingly in this connection.
- Liaise with internal /external stakeholders and suppliers/service providers as directed by the PRG/Oman Steering Group.
- Support the Procurement Manager and Commercial Team with the provision any additional information necessary for the Commercial team to reconcile budgets and maintain effective cost control.
- Liaise with and coordinate the efforts of the Testing and Commissioning team/ specialists.
- Support the management of suppliers and service providers performance, identifying potential new suppliers.
- Inventory check of stock supplies and identify purchasing needs where required.
- Liaise with logistics departments to ensure all products arrive in a timely way and in good condition.
- Import and export: keep records of all shipping / air freight activities, documenting such in accordance with company procedures and guidelines, and update in line with any changes in procedures.
- Be familiar with import and export laws and regulations.
- Produce monthly reports where required.
- Respond to reasonable requests and ad-hoc roles within the Purchasing function as necessary.
- Support the site project teams to ensure that subcontractors ME storage manifests and on site storage and transportation into the hospital departments is in accordance with IHG’s requirements and the contracts and to report to the PRG.
Policies and Procedures
- Adhere to all company and departmental policy and procedures which may be updated from time to time.
- Comply with statutory and company health and safety policies.
- Attend weekly/monthly departmental meetings as required.
- Ensure regular and appropriate communication with other departments to maintain a courteous and professional relationship.
- Attend work punctually.
- Maintain the highest standards of personal presentation and hygiene.
- Undertake any other reasonable tasks allocated by the Senior Management.
- Produce and maintain accurate minutes of all meetings (internal and external) attended.
- Degree qualified.
- Experience of medical equipment procurement
- Fluent written and verbal English communication.
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient at using Microsoft Office and adaptable to other company software systems.
- Passion for accuracy.
- Effective management of an electronic diary.
- Experienced and proficient at maintaining document management systems.
- Liaising with clients and specialist consultants, contributing at meetings.
- Proactive and committed to your role at all times.
- Team player.
- Strong personal drive and resilience.
- Action and result oriented.
- Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Ability to build strong relationships with people at all levels.
- Integrity at all times.
- Logical approach to problem solving.
- Calm in a crisis.
This role is predominately UK based but may require overseas travel from time to time to meet the job role requirements.
IHG are proud to be an equal opportunities employer.