Department: Business Administration
Location: Capswood, Denham, Buckinghamshire
Responsible to: General Counsel
Direct Report: Project Support Administrator
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week.
The Office Manager will be the first point of contact for both internal and external customers and a friendly and professional manner is essential to help ensure the efficient functioning of our head office through a range of administrative and managerial tasks. This role is varied and dynamic, meaning responsibilities are diverse.
This role will suit someone who enjoys working autonomously; having responsibility; interacting with all parts of a business and being a focal point for the business. If you are a self-starter that operates with a flexible ‘can do’ attitude and considers no job or task beneath or beyond you, we look forward to hearing from you.
This role will involve administration tasks such as but not limited to, providing administration support to the CEO, Directors, Project Managers and the project teams to ensure the successful delivery of all projects.
- Providing diary management and support to the Chairman and Board as and when required.
- Organising staff travel, accommodation and processing visa and passport applications.
- Providing administration support to the department managers.
- Reception duties, including answering incoming calls and scheduling appointments.
- Answering general emails and postal correspondence with customers and suppliers.
- Ordering office supplies.
- Filing, maintaining and archiving accurate records.
- Administrator of the company document management system.
- Contacting and managing office suppliers.
- Attend regular meetings with the office landlord.
- Member of the office Health and Safety committee.
- Providing Health and Safety guidance to office employees.
- Assisting with company documentation/correspondence for external distribution.
- Governance of company brand standard templates and style guides.
- Take minutes of meetings, monitor actions required in a timely manner.
Policies and Procedures
- Adhere to all company and departmental policies and procedures.
- Comply with statutory and company health and safety policies.
- Attend weekly/monthly departmental meetings as required.
- Attend meetings and training as required.
- Ensure regular and appropriate communication with other departments
- Maintain the highest standards of personal presentation and hygiene.
- Discretion and an understanding of confidentiality requirements.
- Enthusiastic self-starter.
- Team player.
- Must have a professional attitude, good work ethic and efficiently pursue attention to detail.
- Strong personal drive and resilience.
- Action and result oriented.
- Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Ability to build strong relationships with people at all levels.
- Integrity at all times.
- Role model for the administration function.
- Logical approach to problem solving.
- Calm in a crisis.
- Able to maintain very good working relationships with key stakeholders.
- Computer literate in Microsoft packages.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be appropriately resourceful and a keen trouble-shooter.
- Organised and capable of organising others.
This job description covers the main objectives, responsibilities and authorities of this position at present. Where necessary, changes may be made from time to time involving like or integrated work.
IHG are proud to be an equal opportunities employer.