Hours of Work: 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Overall Purpose: To develop, manage and analyse project programme and ensure compliance with project requirements.
- Be responsible for overseeing the planning function on the overall project.
- Work with the project, design and construction managers to develop the appropriate measures to enable accurate forecasting and close monitoring of the performance of the trades on and off site.
- Be responsible for ensuring that the contract and delivery programmes are fully integrated, incorporating design, procurement, off site operations, on site operations and commissioning.
- Interrogate sub-contractors programmes to ensure that they conform to the master and site working programmes.
- Lead the generation of programmes (and their re-Base lining where required) involving the project team to give understanding, buy-in and commitment.
- Be responsible for developing, maintaining, and updating the programmes and will be responsible for implementing variations and change controls.
- Preparation of progress reports as deemed necessary.
- Ensure company reporting is both accurate and timely and keeping head office personnel updated.
- Maintain all appropriate progress and planning information in order to ensure the contract is upheld and keep on file such records.
- Be tasked with identifying the project critical success factors and will be responsible for communicating the project milestones, goals, and targets to the project team and for monitoring the programme performance.
- Have the ability to communicate the planning strategy to the wider team.
- Provide coaching to the wider operational teams to enable them to work more effectively and with minimum direct planner support, hence improving overall efficiency.
- Manage and coach the local planning resources to provide effective and efficient planning support to projects.
- Be accountable for applying technical and construction knowledge in order to plan and programme complex projects and is able to demonstrate an understanding of construction technology.
- Manage the planning at all stages of a project, identifying any rectification action required and influencing the parties responsible to complete these actions.
- Proven experience using P6
- Produce weekly and monthly look aheads from P6
- Produce and update weekly planned v actual dashboards
- Produce SPI and CPI S-Curves
- Produce monthly reports including programme narratives etc.
- Competent in resource and cost loading programmes
- Able to perform critical path analysis and create variance reports
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Personal drive for achievement
- Must have a professional attitude with a good work ethic
- Construction experience beneficial
- Able to work as part of a team
- Ability to build strong relationships with people at all levels.
- Good under pressure and with meeting tight deadlines
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Logical approach to problem solving
- Available to travel as and when required
This job description covers the main objectives, responsibilities and authorities of this position at present. Where necessary, changes may be made from time to time involving like or integrated work.
IHG are proud to be an equal opportunities employer.