Based in the UK in Denham, Buckinghamshire, this role will have management of the timely and efficient procurement of all materials / plant supplies and provision of specialist consultant and subcontract services required to successfully complete hospital construction projects, meeting our clients’ requirements at all times. Procurement activity may also include purchases for the following in-house businesses:
- International Group Ltd
- International Group Management Ltd
- Stoke Park Estates
- Carry out research, planning and execution of procurement activity and undertake actions to meet the project requirements.
- Liaise with internal /external stakeholders and suppliers/service providers.
- Gather supplier data on specific areas of spend.
- Carry out market research, identify supplier sources.
- Collate tender information and prepare prequalification packs and formal tender enquiries in order to obtain competitive quotations.
- Issue tender enquiries and manage timely return of quotations
- Production of documentation in the designated format (e.g. company templates and software) as required.
- Management of suppliers and service providers performance, identifying potential new suppliers.
- Daily progressing of purchase orders placed to ensure delivery dates are met.
- Set up ‘call-off’ / term supply orders for project ‘preliminaries’ spend.
- Liaise with logistics departments to ensure all products arrive in a timely way and in good condition.
- Import and export: keep records of all shipping / air freight activities, documenting such in accordance with company procedures and guidelines, and update in line with any changes in procedures.
- Be familiar with import and export laws and regulations.
- Produce monthly reports where required.
- Respond to reasonable requests and ad-hoc roles within the Purchasing function as necessary.
- Maintain documented records and filing/index systems in accordance with company procedures
- Carry out archiving of documents and other important information in accordance with the company procedures.
Policies and Procedures
- Adhere to all company and departmental policy and procedure.
- Comply with statutory and company health and safety policies.
- Attend weekly/monthly departmental meetings as required.
- Attend meetings and training as required.
- Ensure regular and appropriate communication with other departments to maintain a courteous and professional relationship.
- Attend work punctually.
- Maintain the highest standards of personal presentation and hygiene.
- Undertake any other reasonable tasks allocated by the Senior Management.
- Degree qualified.
- Experience of medical equipment procurement
- Fluent written and verbal English communication.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Proficient at using Microsoft Office and adaptable to other company software systems.
- Passion for accuracy.
- Effective management of an electronic diary.
- Experienced and proficient at maintaining document management systems.
- Liaising with clients and specialist consultants, contributing at meetings.
- Proactive and committed to your role at all times.
- Team player.
- Strong personal drive and resilience.
- Action and result oriented.
- Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Ability to build strong relationships with people at all levels.
- Integrity at all times.
- Logical approach to problem solving.
- Calm in a crisis.
This job description covers the main objectives, responsibilities and authorities of this position at present. Where necessary, changes may be made from time to time involving like or integrated work.
IHG are proud to be an equal opportunities employer.