Contract: Permanent (would consider interim contract for 3-6 months)
Responsible to: CEO
Purpose of the Role:
The Programme Director will be the link between Senior Management and Project Directors to deliver projects on time and within scope. Reporting to the CEO the Programme Director will take responsibility for all projects to ensure projects are managed successfully to deliver on customer and financial commitments for major hospital infrastructure projects anywhere in the world. This role will suit a candidate who is driven and has experience of delivering projects on time, within budget and scope.
- This role will be a centralised/focal point throughout the organisation, managing senior stakeholder relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Leading the end to end build programme, coordinating delivery and managing the cost implications for each construction project.
- Ensuring outstanding quality across all construction phases.
- Ensuring delivery of exceptional customer outcomes by delivering to agreed programme commitments.
- Exec-level stakeholder management in relation to the delivery of the build programme.
- Working in close partnership with operational delivery teams, ensuring the projects are delivered to time, cost and quality.
- Close collaboration with the business to oversee and be held accountable for programme governance, communication and delivery.
- Owns the reporting of all outcomes on both service and programme performance.
- Designing safety in and managing risk out.
- Resolving problems with multiple stakeholders.
- Ensuring programme and service governance.
- Adept at holding others to account through a challenging and supportive leadership style, whilst consistently delivering on own commitments.
- Will establish large scale end-to-end matrix programmes covering the full life cycle of the programme from inception to closure.
- Strong leadership skills to challenge the status quo and influence across the organisation to drive effective throughput in order to transform our customer experience.
- Lead and drive sustainable business and deployment plans aligned to customers, markets and economic environment.
- Will provide creative thought to the table around risk mitigation and developing plans to leverage opportunities.
- Experience of delivering complex engineering projects
- Expert knowledge in CDM regulations.
- Knowledge of Microsoft packages.
- Financial acumen to manage costs, budget and risk & opportunities
- Construction related degree.
- Project Manage education is desirable eg APMP or Prince 2.
- Personal drive for achievement
- Professional work ethic
- Construction experience beneficial
- Able to work as part of a team
- Ability to build strong relationships with people at all levels.
- Able to prioritise to meet deadlines
- Logical approach to problem solving
- Available to travel as and when required
This job description covers the main objectives, responsibilities and authorities of this position at present. Where necessary, changes may be made from time to time involving like or integrated work.
IHG are proud to be an equal opportunities employer.