The Quality Compliance Manager will manage and perform the daily Quality Assurance and Quality Control roles in accordance with the Company’s procedures. This position will ensure that the works are constructed and the materials used are compliant with the design and that the standards meet the set standards for the project.
- Full Quality Assurance and Quality Control record keeping.
- Site inspections.
- Ensure specifications for materials are met including source, design and finish.
- Ensure Contractors quality meets specifications and acceptable standards.
- Organise samples of materials and works and monitor hold points.
- Issue and follow through NCR where necessary.
- Advise on stopping of works, if necessary, to resolve quality concerns to site management.
- In liaison with Design Manager maintain “as built” drawings and documents.
- Co-ordinate inspections and testing.
- Produce reports to line managers as necessary.
- Monitor site documentation for adherence with company policy.
- Organise and chair quality meetings with own staff and contractors/suppliers.
- Production of up to date procedures, reports and timely minutes.
- Ensure that you are up to date with all the latest quality assurance and quality control procedures both in the UK and Oman.
- Inspect the works, site and staff on a regular basis.
- Train / coach staff as appropriate.
Policies and Procedures:
- Adhere to all company and departmental policy and procedure.
- Comply with statutory and company health and safety policies.
- Attend weekly/monthly departmental meetings as required.
- Ensure annual appraisals, job chats and job reviews are completed in line with company policy.
- Attend meetings and training as required.
- Ensure regular and appropriate communication with other departments to maintain a courteous and professional relationship.
- Attend work punctually.
- Maintain the highest standards of personal presentation and hygiene.
- Undertake any other reasonable tasks allocated by the Senior Management.
- Relevant quality management experience in site-based role with a main contractor.
- Relevant QA/QC qualifications.
- Health experience would be an advantage.
- Good understanding of construction tasks and sequences.
- Team player.
- Strong personal drive and resilience.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Experience of working with some ambiguity.
- Motivated by working autonomously.
This job description covers the main objectives, responsibilities and authorities of this position at present. Where necessary, changes may be made from time to time involving like or integrated work.