Construction and Construction Management
IHG work in partnership with private and public sector clients, tailoring our services to meet their requirements. whatever the form of contract, be it traditional, construction management, design and build, management contracting, design manage and construct or a bespoke form of approach, we seek to be involved with projects at an early stage.
This enables us to develop a greater understanding of our clients’ needs and to ensure their brief is met. Whether a new build or refurbishment project, it is an approach which allows us to pass on the benefits of our experience in areas such as construction methodology, value engineering, procurement and programming as we work with clients’ teams to deliver accurately costed, fully developed designs.
Our in-house technical services and design capabilities mean projects also benefit from our expertise in economical temporary works schemes and alternative permanent works designs. The strength of our established relationships across the industry and our detailed knowledge of market conditions allow us to advise in areas such as works packaging strategies and specialist contractors. We are also able to propose alternative materials or construction methods where we believe they can bring benefits to our clients.
There is a myriad of procedures that are required to ensure that the project runs smoothly. These will include among others the following key processes :-
- Project Set Up
- Document Control and Information Management
- Design Management
- Risk and Value Management
- Commercial Management
- Trade Sub-Contractor Selection and Procurement
- Construction Site Establishment
- Construction Site Safety
- Contractor Site Supervision and Works Monitoring
- Cost Control
- Inspection and Testing
- Quality Control
- Project Completion and Handover
Consistency between construction design team and on site construction delivery team is highly preferable to ensure continuity of the scheme design / intent when on site. Our construction teams fully understand hospital construction / refurbishment and its inherent issues. IHG’s Construction Managers bring both UK and international experience to the construction phase of the project, providing knowledge and capability in respect of local building techniques, available materials and local trade expertise and a sensitivity to the local culture that enables the efficient management of in-country sub-contractors.
Recently IHG has been leading the development of a modular fast-track approach to enable the swift delivery of a permanent, precision-engineered steel-framed Hospital / Medical City. IHG’s Modular construction systems provides:-
- First class, long life, permanent buildings to be constructed and equipped for a range of locations globally.
- Standardised designs to minimise design period and reduce lead times to commencement on site and completion.
- Use of factory controlled working conditions and skilled, experienced, workforce to build-in quality both offsite and on site.
- Consistent quality assured supply chain to allow fast and efficient delivery, installation and completion of each IHG Hospital /Medical City Campus.